Possibilities | Experience
Indicative applications in monuments and archaeological sites:
- Tomographic documentation in time and in place of archaeological excavations using micro-to-meter-level “tomography” for specialized research and wide-audience education purposes.
- Digitizing blocks and frangments of Parthenon frieze with three-dimensional highly accurate colour laser scanner and use of photogrammetric reconstruction (use of computer vision algorithms) in the Acropolis Museum, the British Museum and Basel Skulpturhalle.
- Restoration of Poulko Traditional House in Siatista (Prefecture of Kozani): 3d digitization, processing and 3d printing of gypsum diaphragms, supply and installation of new plaster diaphragms and restoration-supplement of existing plaster diaphragms and plaster decorations for fireplace.
- Field and photogrammetry surveying of the Acropolis in Athens (Parthenon, Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike).
- Αrchitectural documentation, with 3d laser scanning and photogrammetry, of the interior of the church of Timios Prodromos Monastery in Serres Documentation of the pathology of the frescoes.
- EcoMarble research project for the development of advanced tools for the production of artworks using marble industrial wastes.
- EchoMarble research project targeting the Manufacture of marble items from powdered marble, using innovative methods.
- Participation in Epoch European Research Network on Excellence in order to improve and make more efficient the usage of information and technology for cultural heritage applications.
- Surveying of Royal Church, Municipality of Serbia.
- Surveying of Castle Tower in Municipality of Serbia.
- Photogrammetric surveying and production of orthophotomap for the A’ Ancient Theatre of Larissa using UAV.
- Production of orthophotomaps for a saving excavation in Derveni (part of Egnatia Road) using UAV.
- Mapping, documentation and projection of Archaeological Park of Dion, Pieria with digital means (including extended use of model helicopter aerial photography).